Hourly Rate: £40
Locations: England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland
Senclude provides specialist support to students with a visual impairment who are in receipt of disabled student allowance (DSA) while studying at University in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The purpose of the role is to provide bespoke support reflecting the individual communication needs and personal learning style of students with visual impairments in order to develop and facilitate their independent learning.
This includes supporting students to:
- Develop skills in relation to accessing, recognising and understanding course material and reinforcement of this learning.
- Develop practical study strategies with the student including assignment planning, research, composition, modification of carrier language of assignments, presentations (structure and mode of presentation), communication skills, organisation and planning of work load and time management.
- Explore solutions to queries and issues affecting academic learning and performance.
Applicants must hold at least one of the following qualifications:
Advisory Teacher for Students with Vision Impairments.
Advisory Teacher for Students with Multi-Sensory Impairments.
Teaching qualification (See next section Teaching Qualifications) plus a specialist qualification in relevant subject
Teaching qualifications will be accepted at Level 4 and above, including:
Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA)
Certificate of Education (Cert Ed)
Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (DELTA) Level 7
DTTLS (Diploma in teaching in the lifelong learning sector)
Mandatory requirement: You must be available to meet the needs of the student and their timetable requirements, this will require flexibility and the ability to respond to timetable changes on a week-to-week basis.
The working hours vary according to the needs of the student and the academic timetable. All Note Takers are currently paid on a self-employed basis whereby they are responsible for paying their own National Insurance Contributions and Income Tax.
What we require from you
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Well organised, punctual, and reliable.
- Must have one of the above qualifications.
- Must be self-employed or willing to register.
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete our expression of interest form at Applications.