We have now supported over 500 students with visual impairments.
We achieve this by providing support services that are tailored to each student’s individual needs so they can enjoy fully inclusive and accessible learning experiences.
The following information is for technical needs assessors and assessment centres to review the support opportunities offered by Senclude in relation to Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
We are happy to work with all DSA entitled students at all levels of learning in Higher Education.
You can find our non-medical help rates by downloading these documents:
Band 4 Specialist Access and Learning Facilitators:
- Specialist Support Professional for students with Vision Impairment: £60.00 per hour
- Specialist 1:1 Study Skills Support - SpLD: From £60.00 per hour
- Specialist 1:1 Study Skills Support - AS: From £60.00 per hour
- Assistive Technology Training – AST: From £60.00 per hour
- Specialist Mentor – AS: £60.00 per hour
Band 3 Specialist Enabling Support:
- Specialist Notetaker for Visually Impaired (VI) students - including Braille: From £35.00 per hour
- Specialist Transcription Service: From £35.00 per hour
VAT is not applicable
As part of our Inclusive Practice and Equality of Provision, the following considerations must be applied to any Needs Assessor considering using Senclude as a Non-Medical Help provider. Senclude is supported by Student Finance England (SFE) and Student Finance Wales in this instance.
Staff with visual impairments require screen sharing to be built into the recommendation of support in both face to face and distance support sessions. This is so any member of staff who is visually impaired can view through use of assistive technology, in real time, the learner’s computer screen and advise with more confidence on learning points under review in each support session.
In the spirit of lowering carbon emissions, sometimes it may not be necessary to be physically with the student to provide support and therefore, Positive Environmental Actions are fully supported by Senclude and we hope supported by you too!
Needs Assessors and Students are welcome to trial this experience with Senclude if considering us as a non-medical help NMH provider.
or telephone: 01865 648050